Employment policy and advice contacts

Last updated: 12 Jan 2016

This page is: current

Members of the public and APS staff seeking information on job vacancies should contact APSjobs.

APS staff seeking more information about activity in their agency should contact their Human Resources area.

Agency HR staff with policy enquiries (including SES matters) can contact the Commission at staffingpolicy@apsc.gov.au..

Media enquiries should be directed to (02) 6202 3524.

Employment policy advice is available to human resource practitioners and senior executives in the central office of APS agencies using the contacts listed below:

Individual APS employees

If you are seeking advice about an issue relating to your employment, you should contact your own agency's human resources area. The Commission is not able to provide advice to individual APS employees.

APSC Workplace Relations contacts

APSC Staffing Policy contacts

  • Disability employment policy
    Email diversity@apsc.gov.au
  • Diversity and Indigenous policy
    Email diversitycouncil@apsc.gov.au
  • SES and Non-SES recruitment and selection, conditions of engagement, movement/promotion, excess staff (RRR) situations, separation (termination/retirement), workforce classification, work level standards, broadbanding and machinery of government changes
    Email staffingpolicy@apsc.gov.au

Other APSC contacts

  • Remuneration Tribunal Secretariat: provides secretariat support to the Remuneration Tribunal who determine remuneration for key Commonwealth office holders, including Secretaries and Statutory Office Holders, see www.remtribunal.gov.au
  • Public Service Act 1999 – changes made by the Public Service Amendment Act 2013(02) 6202 3737 or email ethics@apsc.gov.au.

Senior Executive Service

Senior Executives can contact the Senior Executive Adviser to discuss issues they may be facing.

Employment policy matters not covered by the Commission

For matters relating to APS employment that are not covered by the Commission, you should contact:

State, territory or local government matter

If your enquiry is about a State, Territory or local government matter, please contact the relevant organisation at that level of government. Links to these organisations can be found from the States and Territories page on the Australian Government website.